The world is really confused about W-cigarettes. According to a survey, if we talk about electronic cigarettes, there are two kinds of people; one who believe e-cigarettes are less harmful than conventional cigarettes and second, e-cigarettes have the same demerits as the conventional one.
No documentation or data is available regarding the safety of harmfulness of e-cigarettes. We have gathered information according to which E-cigarettes appear to have a mixture of benefits and harms.
Some facts about conventional smoking
Conventional smoking is really dangerous to health.
- Smoking is the leading cause of preventable deaths in the US, killing almost 480,000 people every year.
- Even HIV, Heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine, alcohol, road accidents and fire cannot cause so much deaths as smoking.
- Due to persistent smoking, there is a fair chance of getting stroke, COPD, asthma, diabetes, heart attack and many types of cancers.
- The free radicals present is a conventional cigarette increase the age of human body physically. So you get 10 times older then your age due to smoking.
Good news: e-cigarettes are not as harmful as conventional cigarettes.
The smoke of a burning cigarette produces toxic gases such as carbon monoxide and hydrogen cyanide. It also contains tar, that is the main constituent having all the cancer producing agents.
The main advantage of e-cigarettes is that they do not produce the tar or toxic substances present in conventional cigarette smoke hence no harm in this regard.
What is an E-cigarette?
An e-cigarette is composed of a cartridge known as e-liquid. This e-liquid has flavoring, and nicotine dissolved in propylene glycol and glycerol. The liquid gets super-heated up through a battery powered vaporizer, and converts it into mist that is inhaled or vaped.
Some studies have shown that e-cigarettes have helped in lowering the smoking habit while oter studie show it has no such effect. The results are still uncertain.
Now the Bad News
The nicotine in e-cigarettes is found to be really negative for health.
- Chronic nicotine exposure may lead to insulin resistance and type-2 diabetes.
- Inhaled nicotine increases heart rate and blood pressure.
- Although nicotine is addictive in nature, it can also change the brain function and cause addiction of other drugs, especially in young people.
- The most dangerous effect of nicotine is that it can affect prefrontal brain development in adults, which results in attention deficit disorder and poor impulse control.
- Although propylene glycol and glycerol are not harmful on their own, but when they are heated up through the power battery especially with higher wattages, they get decomposed and produce toxic substance like formaldehyde.
- Many e-liquids have pleasant appearance and candy flavors due to which the cases of nicotine poisoning have increased largely. The cases of e-liquid ingested by children in the last three years have been risen by 1500%.
- E-cigarettes often have a compound called diacetyl, which causes a rare lung disease called bronchiolitis obliterans, damaging the bronchioles permanently.
So, people who do not smoke, should avoid e-cigarettes and never consider them safe.
TRENDING ON RomanReads
/ 2 months ago
According to detail cricket fans Pakistan aur West Indies kay 3 T20 series dekhnay...
/ 2 months ago
Ball-tampering scandal mein aik saal kay liye ban honay wale Australian captain Steve Smith...